Don’t you think your pup deserves some good tasting treats? Let them indulge in these goodies!
- 1 cup (255g) natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (180ml) nonfat milk
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups (244g) whole wheat flour*
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (30g) oats*
- 2–3 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, and egg together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the flour and baking powder. You may need to turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and use your hands to work in the flour. Mix in the oats and bacon. The dough is extremely thick and heavy.
- Using a floured rolling pin, cut into shapes using cookie cutters or a knife. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and flip the treats to bake the other side for 10-12 more minutes.
- Allow cooling completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Thank you to Sally over at Sally’s Baking Addiction for this tasty pup treat!