Cherry Oatmeal Muffins
Does your four-legged companion love muffins? Yes? Well, we have the perfect dog-friendly muffin recipe for you. It is very easy and will keep your pup coming back for more.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup frozen tart cherries, rinsed and roughly chopped
2. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
3. Stir oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. In a separate medium bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, and applesauce.
5. Pour buttermilk mixture into the oats mixture.
6. Stir just until moist.
7. Stir in cherries (no need to thaw, they can go in frozen).
8. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
9. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool for five minutes in the muffin pan on a wire rack.
11. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Store in the refrigerator (not at room temperature) for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.
Please let us know how your pup enjoyed these yummy muffins!
We want to give a special thank you to DogTreatKitchen.com for this muffin recipe.